1. Epoch (Jason Torres Part 1 Edit) - Jason Torres, Martin Torres
2. And Then So Clear w/ The Beach (Jason Torres Remix) - Brian Eno w/ Gui Boratto and Martin Eyerer
3. Reflections (Original Mix) - Alan Fitzpatrick
4. That Feeling (DJ Chus 2010 Revisited Mix) - The Groove Foundation and DJ Chus
5. No Turning Back (David Tort the Mansion Remix) - Gui Boratto
6. This Is How We Do It w/ Children (Jason Torres Remix) - Montell Jordan w/ Dave Darell
7. Calimero (Gideon Remix) - Alexis Tyrel
8. Gossip Folks w/The Island (Jason Torres Remix) - Missy Elliot w/Gui Boratto and Martin Eyerer
9. We Gonna Feel It (Adrenalin Remix ) - Chris Lawwyer and Thorny
10. Latin Fever (Original Mix) - Wolfgang Gartner
11. The Dozens (Original Mix) - Fake Blood
12. A Few Good Days (Tom Middleton Deep Dub) - The Orange Lights
13. Sleeping In w/ In White Rooms (Jason Torres Remix) - The Postal Service w/ Booka Shade
14. Black System - Bioniq
My brother Martin and I were huge video game fans when we were kids. Lots of RPGs, fighting games, PC FPSs, strategy games, you name it. But one of the games that stands out is of course:
So TLUV and I have been working on a drum and bass mixtape which remixes mainly older southern hip hop like Lil Flip, Outkast, Slim Thug, along with some other gems from back in the day. To tide everyone over until we get this thing pressed, I have a remix of Big Moe's "Maan" that I can't wait to hear in the club.
So I had recently worked on a remix, maybe rework, of Phoenix's "1901" and my good friend Jimmy of Young Love called me up and asked if I could try and remix "Black Boots" for them because he didn't hear a remix of it that he liked. So I threw this together one day.
After the Obamatape I finished the record Dustin and I did about the Chakras, I will post that up here pretty soon. I got really into Drum and Bass at this time, and was listening to a lot of that, but I decided I needed to drop something, so I threw together this little tidbit. The last song is the best for sure.
Once I moved over from Logic Pro to Ableton Live 6 there was no stopping me. These are my first attempts at remixing. It it mainly just loops arranged under the acapellas. At this point my goal in djing was to fuse together the sounds of 90's hip hop and r&b with updated dance production.